How to use Colloidal Silver – Ancient antibiotic & antibacterial
Colloidal Silver – Administering, Treatment, Use, Application
(Article, 826 words. Est. 4 mins reading time)
Ionic Silver has an affinity for bacteria and even viruses. Has been in use for over 3,000 years as an anti-microbial agent and (before penicillin was invented) as an antibacterial agent. It can kill up to 650,000 pathogens.
Since Colloidal Silver is just elemental silver with pure water, its not really patentable by pharmaceutical companies. Naturally, if they can’t synthesize a unique proprietary form of the stuff, then corner the market, then sell it as a huge profit, their only option is to demonize it, cover up its benefits, and promote their alternative antibiotics like penicillin.
What are Colloidal Silver’s uses?
- It is a high strength, microfine, bacteriostatic water purifier, ideal for home use and whilst traveling in areas with poor water quality.
- Concentration is 50mL/L in de-ionised water. …this is 50,000 ppmv (parts per million by volume). For conversion see WolframAlpha.com )
- It can be used internally (i.e. swallow) or topically (i.e. applied externally to the skin) as an anti-bacterial / anti-microbial and antiseptic.
Click “Read more” below for practical day to day uses. E.g. as mouthwash, as antibiotic in the blood stream, as a topical antiseptic, to treat eye infections, or even for use as a kitchen cleaner.
Warning: Moderation in all things! Like many natural and/or pharmacological substances, a little bit used judiciously aids in body health. But too much may cause problems or even be toxic. For example salt, dietary fats, cholesterol, alcohol, caffeine, sugars, anti-biotics. So always follow recommended dosages!
By the same token, taking too much of one good thing, might cause you to miss out on using other things which may have been better or more beneficial.
With Colloidal Silver, the main problem with high concentrations, or long term over-use is that it may cause ‘Argyria’. This is a bluish skin discoloration. Also, if it is ingested regularly in high enough concentrations (e.g. to treat diarrhoea or Irritable Bowel Syndrome), it tends (like pharmaceutical antibiotics) to kill both good and bad stomach bacteria. You should therefore always follow up internal Silver treatments with probiotics like yoghurt, fermented foods, Acidophilus, LactoBacillus, Caseine etc. to re-balance gut flora.
Click Read More below to get actual dosages —
Gargle as a mouthwash. Treat periodontal disease
- 5ml (1 x teaspoon) into 10 ml water. 1:2 silver:water.
- Swish around in mouth, or over bacterial pockets. For 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can swallow afterwards.
- Helps reduce plaque and gingivitis (gum recession)
- (For greater detail see the blog Colloidal Silver Secrets)
Administer into blood-stream for whole body infections
- 5ml (1 tsp) in 200 ml (1 cup) of water 3 times per day
- For diseases treatable by antibiotic tablets. This treatment system works for infective illnesses such as fevers, flu, (colds ?, rhinovirus),
- Place under the tongue (thin mucus membranes mean the silver accesses bloodstream more effectively.) Swish it around the mouth for 10-15 minutes, and then swallow.
For Topical use. E.g. Cuts, abrasions, lacerations, disinfect wounds
- Not necessary
- Onto cotton wool and swab the site. Works like alcohol swab.
- Sterilize bandages without boiling water etc. Put Colloidal Silver solution onto cotton bandage will completely sanitize / sterilize a bandage ! Better than alcohol or water.
For illnesses like Conjunctivitis
- 5ml (1 x tsp) into 10ml water. 1:2 silver:water.
- Colloidal Silver solution… slightly diluted … Use on cotton wool. External use ONLY required.
- NO NEED to put into the eye with eyedropper. Eye is very vascular. Will absorb. Unlike greasy conjunctivitis ointment.
- Onto cotton wool and swab the site of the eye. 2 times / day
Water purifier. Caravan. Water tank
- 5ml (1 x tsp) into 50ml water. 1:10 silver:water.
- Colloidal Silver is a high strength, microfine, bacteriostatic water purifier, ideal for home use and whilst travelling in areas with poor water quality. Colloidal Silver Solution can be mixed in a drinking water tank. (e.g. in a caravan) to keep the water free from moulds and bacteria
Treating Tinea (foot/toenail fungus)
- When cutting toenails, soak cotton ball in undiluted Colloidal Silver and dab liberally onto the newly exposed surfaces of skin / cuticles, the newly cut end of the nail itself. Allow to permeate and soak into all edges and under the toenail. Let dry dry naturally.
- Similarly dab soaked cotton ball between and under toes to kill other bacteria which might cause odours.
- Ideally, use this intensive treatment after showering and towel-drying feet; when skin is soft.
- Repeat each day. Particularly for first 5 to 6 days after cutting toenails. And then 1 or 2 times per week as the infected portion of the toenail continues to grow out. Repeat intense treatment again at next toenail cutting.
- Note: Tinea is an infection that enters through the damaged/frayed ends of the toenail and continues to grow into the microscopic splits and along length of nail. Fungus also inhabits the bed/base of toenail. Colloidal Silver kills pathogens at the exposed end, and impedes regeneration cycle.
Cleaning Food Preparation Areas. Kitchen, bathroom, toilet
- 5ml (1 x tsp) into 50ml water. 1:10 silver:water.
- Colloidal Silver Solution. Spray or wipe into cleaning food preparation surfaces.
- Yes, its ANTI-BACTERIAL …. but is not going to reduce grease and grime, though. So you can use detergent (alkaline solution), or even unsweetened vinegar (acidic solution) to do floors, toilets, wet areas.
How to make colloidal silver at home. For just pennies!