My Place, My Rules
First off, let me set some ground rules here.
1. (for now) I remain anonymous in this blog
- In due course, if this publication becomes popular, I will put my name to it.
- Until then, for my own indulgence, and to avoid concerns about defamation, privacy or safety, I omit to put my name. But don’t worry, I hide in plain sight.
- In posting any reply, I ask you to humour me by referring to me by the nickname “Quantum Sniper”, or “Snipey”, or “Quanto” or “Snipe” or whatever best befits your mood at the time. DON’T use my real name if you know it (unless I give you express permission).
- To those of you who already know me because I have given a personal invitation, (and because I might value your consideration of my thoughts) then you may wish to make your own comments and contributions to discussions / debates. SO; Hold up your own mask and join in with the party! Choose your own funny nickname. Hey! who knows, it could be fun!
2. Don’t like what I have to say?
Cool off! Take your time and think about it before flaming me. Let me be the one who looks foolish because you’ve clearly made a ‘considered response’. Then, at least, one of us will be un-emotive and more likeley to say something sensible to further the debate.
3. Differing opinion worthy of debate?
Write me a short comment in the LEAVE A COMMENT or LEAVE A REPLY section. Please. Keep comments G-Rated. I can then open up a secondary debate on the issue in a sub-blog or in a different thread. Remember, other people will be watching, so be on your best behaviour and try to say something that improves (not embarrasses) mankind.
4. You wanna correct me?
Look, I’m not perfect. Not all my statements herein will be as well-informed as they could be because my time and resources for research are not unlimited. In the event you want to correct the record, This will come in two flavours:
(a) If you have more accurate data (like dates, names, definitions, quotes) then, then please CITE (cut-copy-paste) where you got that data from.
(e.g. http://www.washingtonpost.com/ARTICLE/PageXYZ or http://www.wikipedia.com/WIKI/SUBJECT/TOPIC) (Note: These are only SAMPLE LINKS. They don’t connect to actual pages. They’re just to demonstrate)
(b) If you have opposing view, then the first three words of your written reply MUST START with “IN MY OPINION” or “I.M.H.O”. This will maintain the decorum necessary for civilized debate in this forum.
5. You expect content and substance over style ?
I will do my best to post and discuss the meat of many issues, however, where substance is lacking, you may expect to at least be slightly entertained with miscellaneous piffle or whimsy I will uncover for everyone’s entertainment
6. Plagiarism and copying
I intend to refer to many sources on the Interweb. media might include Youtube videos, articles, excerpts, photos, etc. I will respect copyright and only transcribe enough to get you to click on the hyperlinks for the other sites. When you’ve seen what you need, you can come back.
Similarly if you quote ME or MY BLOG to someone somewhere, then give proper credit (or blame) to my writing by correctly citing MY URL …. quantumsniper.wordpress.com